Vacature Meststoffen - Business Development Manager Plant Nutrition
Company profile - Vacature Meststoffen - Business Development Manager Plant Nutrition
Committed for almost 60 years to Plant Nutrition, to Animal Nutrition and to the Food-industry, the Groupe Roullier leans on its industrial and technical excellence, its unique business model and a policy of innovation designed to answer the challenges of tomorrow’s agriculture.
Its activities are organized operationally around 5 business lines that are the agro-supplies, the food phosphates, the magnesia, the industrial products & solutions and the food-industry. With 8 000 employees, the Groupe Roullier know how to preserve its financial independence, while supporting an ambitious development policy. It markets its solutions in 114 countries today and generated a turnover accumulated by 3,1 billion euros in 2015, a figure which doubled in ten years.
The Groupe Roullier has always placed the principles of a sustainable agriculture and a rational fertilization at the heart of its strategy of development. Belonging to the Agro-Supplies Division of the Groupe Roullier, Timac Agro develops, manufactures and markets plant nutrition and animal nutrition specialties that are quality patented for their effectiveness.
For the Netherlands and on behalf of our customer Timac Agro in the Netherlands, we are looking for a:
Business Unit Manager Plant Nutrition (m/f)
AFL Executive Search will assist Timac Agro Nederland in this search, the goal being that the recruited person enters Timac Agro Netherlands as soon as possible.
Your main tasks and responsibilities - Vacature Meststoffen - Business Development Manager Plant Nutrition
The primary roles of you as a Business Unit Manager Plant Nutrition are in 3 main areas, i.e.:
1. Commercial Strategy
You have to establish an efficient commercial strategy and implement adequate action plans:
- Propose the commercial strategy definition and ambitious development objectives
- After validation implement action plans, measure effectiveness and propose corrective actions if necessary
- Propose product development or adaptations
- Provide feedback about results of a new commercial approach and/or new products
2. Commercial Team
As a Business Unit Manager you are responsible for creating and leading a team of technical sales persons and to make them perform according to company’s targets. You are also responsible for a Product and Development Manager.
- Assess the potential of its business and identify the needs in terms of sales representatives to meet the development targets
- Recruit, train and integrate new sales people
- Identify the skills development needs within the team and ensure the implementation of necessary corrective actions such as training, coaching, field tours
- Motivate and accompany the team to achieve the sales targets
- Ensure the implementation of the business strategy
- Respect and enforce internal procedures particularly in terms of risk prevention, safety, quality and environment
- Ensure regular reports of the activity
You have a key role to play in management of the local, regional and national dealers:
- Consolidate and develop relationships with the agricultural distribution
- Promote the entire product range
- Promote and support the activities of technical sales to the dealers and their teams
- Establish development action plans with the distributor
- Prospect for new business partners
Your general objectives are:
- Ensure presence in market with commercial team
- Sell all product ranges (solid and liquid and micro fertilizers)
- Maximize volumes and margins
- Optimize profit – P/L responsibility
- Home office
- Reporting to General Manager/Managing Director Netherlands
- Working closely together with the BUM Animal Production and his team, with the Sales Administration in Belgium and with his international colleagues.
- The International Marketing and Product Development team in St Malo in France will also be an important partner for the BUM
Your profile - Vacature Meststoffen - Business Development Manager Plant Nutrition
- Ideally you have a dual degree in both science (agricultural engineering or chemistry) and business (business school, finance masters)
- A successful track record of five years’ experience acquired in plant nutrition both on technical and marketing / business dimensions
- Autonomous, ambitious, entrepreneurial spirit, dynamism and achievements will be the keys to successfully accomplish your missions
- Proven or detectable leadership skills
- A good knowledge of the English language is a must
What can you expect from Timac Agro?
- A challenging and varied role as part of a dynamic team in an inspiring working environment.
- An excellent salary and benefits package (bonus, company car, laptop, smartphone…)
More information or interested about Vacature Meststoffen - Business Development Manager Plant Nutrition?
- If this job sounds attractive and you meet the profile please send your curriculum vitae and a covering letter to email@example.com.
- For more information about this job you can also contact Jos Douven on +31 (0)6 5194 1954.
- All further details about Timac Agro or Groupe Roullier can be found on their websites www.roullier.com and www.timac-agro.nl.
Further information about AFL Executive Search www.aflsearch.com
There is an exclusivity agreement between Timac Agro and AFL Executive Search GmbH for this search. We therefore kindly request you to contact us if you have questions and/or you want to apply for this job.
About AFL Executive Search
AFL Executive Search (www.aflsearch.com) recruits people for strategic positions and specializes in the field of Agribusiness, Food and Life Sciences worldwide.
AFL Executive Search matches the most qualified candidates to the key positions in those organizations that focus on a healthy world with enough quality food for everyone.
We connect the right people with the right companies across the world. From a selection of high qualified candidates we only pick the outstanding ones who will become the visionary leaders of tomorrow. We don´t just search for the best candidate; we also attract the right one. We have both interim and permanent positions.
We offer Executive Search services across all functional disciplines within the Agribusiness, Food and Life Sciences sectors. We have strong knowledge of and commitment to these sectors and deliver the expected results. Through a no-nonsense, direct and personal approach AFL Executive Search acts as a full sparring partner for both companies and candidates.
We work across a wide range of sectors and positions:
- Agribusiness : Animal Nutrition, Animal Health, Animal Housing / Equipment, Animal Reproduction, Associations / Non-Profit, Bioproducts, Biotechnology, Crop Protection, Distribution, Environment / Energy, Farming, Fertilizers, Finance, Forestry, Fruit Growing, Horticulture, Machinery / Equipment, R&D, Seed, Viniculture
- Food : Bakery Products, Beverages, Confectionary, Chocolate, Dairy Products, Dry Food, Frozen Food, Meat & Fish, Ready Meals and FMCG
- Life Sciences : Animal Health, Biochemistry, Bioengineering, Biotechnology, Clinical Research, Marine Biology, Medical Devices and Pharmaceuticals